Friday, April 10, 2009

Thrift Shop Find!

I had today off from work [Good Friday] and had a girls day out with two friends - we out to lunch and then went to a few thrift shops. I found some great pieces of fabric and was extremely excited to find this cabinet sitting on the floor. [it was waiting for me!] It's made out of MDF and stands 20" tall and is 3" wide with two hinged doors - it is bare naked and screaming to be painted! This exciting little find....only $2.00!! For years I have wanted something like this that I can convert into a jewelry cabinet. I'm going to have my son build me an insert that I am going to cover with window screen to hold earrings that I will mount to the back of the cabinet. I also asked him to build me a tray out of clay in his ceramics class for the bottom to hold rings and other little things. I will screw cup hooks on the doors to hold necklaces. I'm very excited!! Thinking of the possibilities! I will post a picture when it is done! off to paint...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice find! Can't wait to see it painted.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was your lucky day Christine. That is a beautiful cabinet. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete