Thursday, November 1, 2012

Love meeting new artists!

One of the great-great things about being an artist is the networking community of other artists you get to meet along the way. Many years ago, I met one of my dearest friends who is now part of my family, Sharon Bloom simply because we both admired each others work. Not sure who emailed who first but so glad that we did because still to this day she is a very important person in my life!

Just last week, Debra Schoch, of HopHopJingleBoo fame, an artist that I have admired for years, contacted me through my Etsy shop and wanted to buy a piece from me and asked if I would make her a second one - I was very excited! Today she added a link to my Etsy shop in her latest blog post and a mention about my work with photos. It means a great deal to me - love networking and sharing the love! Thanks Debra. Keep the circle alive! Below are a few pictures of her work - if you haven't checked her out - do so - she is an amazing talent! Here is a link to her Etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. I do too! i am amazed at how many people I met since I started my blog! Then now that I am on Instagram I'm meeting even more, like you!
    Great blog and I look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, love Instagram! I love meeting new artists and networking and photography - it has it all! - just went to your blog - added it to my bookmarked favorites. Can't wait to go back and check it out. Just liked you on Facebook too! Once I get my new blogsite up and running I will do a FB page - not enough hours in the day!!

      Delete
    2. aw so nice of you!!! I have a question for you. How do you have the ability to reply back to me on my comment like you did? I can't do that on my blog. It may be the blog template you selected, no? Just curious:)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh not sure. It could be a setting.

    ReplyDelete