Saturday, October 6, 2012

Special Day

Yesterday I got to spend the afternoon with someone very special to me, My Grandmother.

She goes by many names: Gram, Tacchi (short for her last name Malentacchi) or Baboosh. No matter what we call her we all love her so! Yesterday I took her out to lunch to celebrate her 85th birthday!!!!!!! (today is her actual birthday 10/6)

Over my lifetime I have shared so many great laughs with her - she loves to laugh and has a great sense of humor. She is one of the most generous people I have ever met (always quick to slide some money in your hand or to help you pay for your gas grill that just burst into flames at the family picnic) and loves a great game of BINGO! She has never had her drivers license but insists that she could drive if she had to.

She is Grandmother to about 11 of us and Great-grandmother to 3. I am her oldest grandchild and for-surely her favorite!!! ha-ha just kidding - she has so much love for us all.  My hope is to have as much spunk and energy when I am 85!

I know I am not alone in expressing how much she means to us all - she is a very special lady!!!!

Happy Birthday Gram!!!!!!
I love you!!!

I wanted to share with you the amazing picture I took of her yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I love your art! I love your pins! I love your courage! I love your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwww - thank you so much - that means a great deal to me!!!!

      Delete