Saturday, March 9, 2013

Illustrator Class

For YEARS now I have shunned learning Adobe Illustrator. I have trouble learning simply by reading a book or listening to a lecture - like most creative types I'm a 100% hands on learning chic - I learn as I go - to be able to apply what I am learning, as I am learning is the key! Many years ago I took an Illustrator course and the instructor was horrible and moved too fast without showing examples of what he was talking about - I grew so frustrated and ended up blaming the "stupid" program when in fact it was the teacher and his teaching style that did not jive with my learning style. Sad that it took so very long for me to understand that. I have been challenging myself quite a bit lately and learning this graphic program is next in line! It will open the next set of doors to what I want to do - I need these skills to start to do surface pattern design - so look out Illustrator here I come, be kind to me!!

I signed up to take this course online at Nicole's Classes Its a combination of reading and videos that have been key to my understanding. I love the videos - if I don't fully grasp a concept I just hit rewind and watch it again! Here are two posters I created for my first week's homework assignment.





The colorful circle in the second poster is one that I made yesterday and I scanned it in and added it to the poster - I think the color pops along with the black text. I also edited the words - took some out and added my own. The line about ~~~Sharing your Gummy Bears~~~ is a reminder to me - I don't always share well - especially when they are chocolate covered gummy bears...my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment